RE: conversion to fuel injection

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: conversion to fuel injection
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egil@kvaleberg.no>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 08:35:09 GMT
On 5 May 1999, Gernot Vonhoegen wrote:

> the only part supposed to need conversion was the metering unit anyway,

Yes, I've seen the advertisement for metering unit "conversions" at
quite silly prices.

But have you seen any evidence or claim as to exactly which part of the
metering unit that supposedly requires alteration, for what grounds,
and exactly what that alteration consists of?

> however, it has been recently published that there werre additives added
> into unleaded (the european version) that made changes to the metering unit
> uneccessary.

Published where? By whom?

I have not seen anything.

Are you sure you are talking about the lead-replacement additives for
avoiding valve recession? They will have no effect whatsoever on any
component of the injection system, to the best of my knowledge.

Egil
--
Email: egil@kvaleberg.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Mail:  Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway