Soft Tops

To: "TR Listserv" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Soft Tops
From: "Karl Vacek" <KVacek@Sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:41:43 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
What's the best quality/fit top for a TR-4A ??  When the cars were new, AMCO
made great tops, tonneaus, luggage racks, etc., but I haven't bought
anything form them for decades -- is AMCO still good?  Is there a better
supplier?  I'm looking for an original-style Naugahyde (vinyl) top - not
canvas (like Haartz cloth, etc.).

What about rear windows?  Is there anything new, or is this still the weak
link in the whole deal?  With all the space-age materials available, it
seems like there should be something that stays clear and doesn't scratch so
easily !!

Do most tops have zippered rear windows, or do they eliminate that on some
brands?

TIA !!!

Karl Vacek
'66 TR-4A