Surface corrosion

To: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>
Subject: Surface corrosion
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 21:02:56 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Guys

It's injector manifold cleaning time. Mine are looking sorry for themselves
in terms of discolouration with that powdery substance on the surface,
though no pitting yet and just very cruddy to look at. Anyone got any
suggestions of how to clean them up, apart from shooting off to wherever
with a ten quid note for a bottle of wonder clean? I'd rather do it in situ
for the simple fact that if I take them off, there's that pain in the bum
exercise of re-adjusting the butterflies, with airflow meters and all the
rest. As everything is fine in that regard, why give myself unnecessary
extra work. Car isn't going to be concours and I doubt anyone is likely to
want to get underneath to see if I've done the manifold undersides as well.

John Mac

Book 1: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/triumphbook
Book 2: http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/crocus
Triumph Over Triumph magazine: http://www.cyberware.co.uk/~chips11