Re: Surface corrosion

To: jonmac <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Surface corrosion
From: David Hill <davhill@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 18:09:45 +0100
Cc: 2000- Register <2000-Register@autox.team.net>, Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hi John,

Mine were well clagged with oil as well as some corrosion. I took them
off, cleaned them in a paraffin bath and then dried them with compressed
air. Then, I used a wire brush in a dremel tool and they don't look too
shabby now.

If you do clean them in situ, you could use paraffin-as I did on the
block before re-lacquering. Just remeber to bung up the holes with
something.

Cheers,

Dave Hill