Re: engine break-in

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: engine break-in
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 15:58:38 -0700
Jack Brooks wrote:

> ...This was tedious, as well as a risk to life
> and limb here in the suburban New York City area.  I'll do it again, because
> it seems to have worked well, but if anyone has an easier procedure, I'd
> like to hear it.

Well, I knew a guy who swore a teaspoon on Bon-Ami in each cylinder was
just the thing to seat the rings and break-in an engine in short order.

Never got the courage to try it myself (maybe because that guy also
recommended Black Pepper as a radiator stop-leak and spray-painted his
cars with a vacuum cleaner attachment).

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A