Re: 1974 Wiring Harness Installationt.com>

To: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1974 Wiring Harness Installationt.com>
From: John Dowson <jdo@star.le.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 17:22:40 +0100
There is no magic in wiring looms, all that is required is common sense
patience and the ability not to panic when things do not go quite as you
expect.

I have never changed the loom in a TR6 but have done so in a TR4 and designed
and made my own loom for a Spitfire.

My suggestion is to buy a new loom, compare it as far as possible with the
old loom for
colours on connections, put it in the car and connect up those connections
you are 101% sure about.

There will be some that you are unsure about and do not be tempted to
connect them anywhere. tape them up until you have power on the car
and then check with a lamp or meter when they are live etc. The looms
usually bring connections out at about the correct place so just take your
time, dont panic and dont be afraid to ask for help if needed.

My 2p hope it helps

John Dowson