RE: Help

To: "'Richard Taylor'" <rgt3000@one.net>
Subject: RE: Help
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 1999 17:05:18 -0700
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Rick :

Here's a really off-the-wall thought : Your 4A has SU HS6s right ?  Have
you checked that the dashpot piston moves freely when cold ?  I'm thinking
that, just maybe, the steel part of the piston binds in the housing when
the housing is cold.

You didn't say how far you drive to work, or how much history you have with
this problem, but I can't think of anything else that would cause a severe
lean mixture cold and wouldn't warm up almost as fast as the engine.

Randall