Re: Commission number prefixes for various TR models?

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Commission number prefixes for various TR models?
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:35:21 -0400
Skip Montanaro wrote:

> I'm working on a Triumph TR5/250 database and want to allow searching by
> model.  (The aim is to allow any kind of Triumph to be added to the
> database.)  Model number search will match commission number prefix (e.g.,
> selecting TR250 will match all commission numbers starting with "CD").  I
> found some data on the VTR web site.
>
> Where can I get a list of model-to-commission number associations?  Were all
> models potentially assembled overseas and thus could get the "1" prefix
> prefix?
>
> Thx,
>
> Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
> skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
> 518-372-5583

Skip,

Check out:

http://club.triumph.org.uk/prefix1.htm#TR2-6

I think that site has all the info you are looking for.

Regards,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars