missing on start

To: naffy@netins.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: missing on start
From: JIM_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 08:36:33 -0400

--openmail-part-17953d50-00000001

Gary,
It sounds like your car works OK when vacuum is high. Vacuum advance/retard
problems? Not too familiar with Z-S, but doesn't the vacuum pull the pistons
up? Diaphragms?
Jim Wallace
From: Gary Nafziger <naffy@netins.net>

69 tr-6 with zenith carbs.  I have a problem that has slowly gotten worse.
Car has had 10-12 thousand miles of driving since any carb work/adjustment.
I get bad sputtering and cut out when just taking off from a start.  Also
happens some when lugging in too high a gear.  It seems at higher rpm it
runs fine.  Also I have noticed that when the car is cold it seems to run
better and gets worse as warms up.  When sputtering i sometimes floor it and
it REALLY gets bad and barely runs.  Taking it easy and slow usually helps.
The sputtering from start usually goes away in 50 feet and rpm's have built up.

Any suggestions?
  Gary, Frances Nafziger
  Wellman, Iowa

--openmail-part-17953d50-00000001--