TR6 jack stand locations?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 jack stand locations?
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:33:11 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)cscompaq from arc2a41.bf.sover.net [209.198.81.41] 209.198.81.41Wed, 12 May 1999 15:35:12 -0400 (EDT)
I purchased a '72 TR6 two years ago. My plan has been to first get it
running, drive for a season to enjoy it, and find out what it needs. Then I
will proceed with a body off restoration.

Well, I've finally finished building myself a garage/workshop. After
building my wife a stained glass studio in the last three places we lived
over the past 20 years... I finally got my turn!!! I'm ready to dive in!

My TR6 is in good shape, meaning that the frame is not ready to fold.
None-the-less, I am looking for advice about jacking locations and methods.
I plan to get the TR 24" in the air on 4 6-ton jack stands. Where would you
place the floor jack? What should I watch for to avoid twisting or damaging
the frame? Thanks for the help!

Winnie Olmer
CADD Solutions
mailto:who@caddsolutions.windham.vt.us