Re: TR6 jack stand locations?

To: Winnie Olmer <who@sover.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 jack stand locations?
From: Tom Di Iulio <diiulio@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 22:27:04 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
while this may not be the answer for you, the wooden rolling rack i
built to hold the body above the chassis has made maneuvering around in
the garage a breeze. it is only inches wider than the chassis w/tires
allowing you to either roll out the chassis from underneath to work on
it or roll out the rack holding the body, depending on what you're going
to tackle that day.
        the height of the rack is about 4' off the floor. while i can't
recommend my method (interpret=stupidity), i lifted the body off the
frame with an old come-along tied to my garage rafters with no other
help except a passing jogger. i tied a tow rope to the 2 seat belt bolts
on the upper rear fender-well and the emergency brake bolt. i also never
removed the doors, wanting to maintain as much structural integrity as
possible. hope this helps...................Tom