Re: TR3A Body Dipping - response

To: RVincenti@lbfc.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, Jeff.A.Williamson@jci.com
Subject: Re: TR3A Body Dipping - response
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 15:10:56 PDT
>Jeff.A.Williamson wrote:
>Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry on body "dipping".
>I>============
>10) Cost is $350 per body, $150 for frame, $25 per door, $25 per fender,
>$50
>for hood, and $35 for trunk lid. (If I did the math right, that's $735 for
>the
>entire car, but they'll probably add on another $50 for the front cap).
>
>What do you think?

  That's pretty much in line with what a friend of mine was charged
  For the tub of his TR4 over 12 years ago here i the midwest. If you
  go the totally stripping route it would seem expensive. Being able
  to piece it out would soften the blow... would the shop cut you a
  discount for the entire car?

  I opted for sand blasting my TR4 primarily because I didn't want to
  replace the seam sealer, secondly my car wasn't destined to be a
  concourse car finally, the sand blasting route was a tad cheaper
  than dipping. I did get the frame dipped however, and shot two cans
  of rust proofer in every orrifice I could find once the paint had
  dried on the frame .

  Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)