TR3 Fan Belt Fixed!

To: triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR3 Fan Belt Fixed!
From: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 21:23:50 -0400
Hi All,
Many, many thanks to all you folks who put me straight on the fan belt.
Like you say,all that was required was to turning the steering wheel - and
the belt slipped in between the "tube" and the fan pulley, no problem.
You wouldn't belief how long I spent on Sunday trying to get that belt
through.
My only excuse was I didn't realize that "tube" had anything to do with the
steering - it's pretty dark down there, and besides that Haynes wally
refers to a "cross member tube", or something, that needs unbolting before
the belt can be put on.
Actually, I had even spent hours trying to get the old one off so it could
serve as as a spare but I got real mad and eventually took the hacksaw to
it!  The new one (from TRF) is a cogged type and a lot thinner than the old
one but even that didn't want to go through the gap  (that old one, BTW,
was a serious belt.   I've never seen one that thick before!).
Yes, thanks a million, guys.

Adrian