RE: TR6 door check straps

To: "'Tom Goodwin'" <tgoodwin@corp.auspex.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TR6 door check straps
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 20:12:23 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I had the door side of the check strap break recently and discovered that
the loops are welded to a vertical strip inside the door that is utterly
inaccessible without separating the inner door from the outer.  I ended up
welding some washers to the remaining portion of the old loops.

I would say that it not possible for ordinary mortals to repair the loops
correctly without disassembling the door skin and it would require
considerable welding skills.  It'd be easier to replace the door.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK