Tool Purchase

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tool Purchase
From: ewcorco@erenj.com
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 10:46:31 -0400 (EDT)
Folks:

I'm considering the purchase of a good tap/die set reasonably soon and
would appreciate the benefit of your collective wisdom and experience.

I would like to include both SAE and metric tools, since I have some need
for both, but would certainly only require 'weekend-duty' quality since
they would see only occasional use.

Questions - would the metric side cover all the potential needs of a TR6
(I'm guessing not)?  If not, where can I find tools that would?  How much
should I expect to spend for a good set?  Any suggestions as to where to
start my search?  Sears?

Finally, does anyone know of a comprehensive reference detailing the use of
these tools?

Thanks in advance - feel free to reply offlist since this is likely a topic
with which most are already quite familiar.

Ned Corcoran
1971 TR6
Eastern PA