Re: TR6 jack stand locations

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 jack stand locations
From: Pete & Aprille Chadwell <dynamic@transport.com>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 08:04:07 -0700
Ian wrote:
>Not sure if it's the same on all TR6s, but on my '76 there are flanges
>just behind the rear wheels welded to the longitudinal frame members and
>hanging down about 2 inches.  Putting the jackstands just in front of
>them has worked pretty well for me.  It's close to the rear wheels, but
>not in the way if you're messing with the trailing arms and, because the
>frame angles upward, they seem to have a wedge effect, and can't slip
>upward along the frame.  I also use heavy wooden timbers as a backup
>forward of the rear wheels in case the worst happens and it slips off.

I think you're talking about the large, flat bracket with the big slotted
hole in the middle.  You'll find these at the front and at the rear of '74
and later TR6's, and as I understand it, these were used to secure the car
(using some sort of tie-down) during shipping.  My '73 doesn't have them.

Thanks for the input...

Pete Chadwell
1973 TR6