Re: TR4 Dilemma - need advice - long

To: Bill Miller <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: TR4 Dilemma - need advice - long
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 19:07:59 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 13 May 1999, Bill Miller wrote:

> it.  Now here is my dilemma.  I (now) think this car is quite restorable.
> And is fairly complete.  It will take somebody with bodywork experience and
> a whole lot of TLC.  The sills will need replacing, as well as the back
> fenders.  The front fenders although rusty (all the paint on this car was
> stripped off at some point and let set outside) appear to be mostly solid.
> The interior is pretty much gone as it sat outside, piled with trash,
> although some of the carpet is useable.   I really don't have the time to do
> it and I have two other projects in the works.  Now here is where the

Save it and I'll come down an fix it for ya one of these days-- my
current TR4 project will be finished in a year or so.  Next week I
dismantle my Chevette to make room for the TR4, should have the rockers
done up pretty quick.  I hope.

How is the frame?  Any indication as to *why* it was in a scrap yard--
accident, neglect, age?

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its temporary home is:
http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/walker/triumph/trfaq.htm