Protecting your hands - Nitrile

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Protecting your hands - Nitrile
From: Dean Mericas <deanm@limno.com>
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 06:57:55 -0400 (EDT)
I've used latex gloves for several years, and have been generally pleased,
except when using a parts washer or exposing the gloves to gasoline.
Under those conditions, the latex gets brittle and shreds apart pretty
quickly.

Recently I got a box of nitrile gloves from Harbor Freight because the ad
said they hold up to solvents, etc.  The nitrile is thicker than latex,
performs as advertised, and the gloves hold up well being immersed in
solvent. My only complaint is that the Large size is pretty tight - next
time I'll get the XL.

No interests in Harbor Freight, nitrile plantations, etc.

Dean Mericas
1965 TR4 (CT37089L)
1973 1800ES (xxx4553)