Some joy and some sadness in Mudville...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Some joy and some sadness in Mudville...
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@mojam.com>
Date: Sun, 16 May 1999 22:36:48 -0400

The body is off the TR-250.  I rounded up a few neighbors after dinner
today.  We boosted it off and set it down on some overturned 5-gallon
plastic paint buckets.  Worked like a charm.  I'll take a few pictures in
the next couple of days.  Next step: get the engine and transmission out.
I'll call around to some rental places tomorrow for an engine hoist.

So, there's the joy.  Everything went according to Hoyle.  Now the sadness.

This evening I pulled our other car, a '78 Mercedes 240D (less than 50k
miles, never been driven in the winter, original everything) into the
driveway.  I had washed it earlier in the day and pulled it out to the
street to accommodate moving the Triumph's body.  Not three minutes later,
our basketball hoop - one of those semiportable things you fill with water -
tipped over and hit the Mercedes square in the center of the hood.  Man, am
I bummed.

Skip Montanaro  | Mojam: "Uniting the World of Music" http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | Musi-Cal: http://www.musi-cal.com/
518-372-5583