Re: TR6 Engine Re-build

To: "Martin Secrest" <msecrest@erols.com>, <Rengrave@aol.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Engine Re-build
From: " Philip Smith" <smith007@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:52:52 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
I will be geting my TR6 back this week, after about three years in the paint
/ body shop, rebuild engine, complete rebuild. I will be driving it for 500
miles before I return it for final adjustments. The engine will have a Babe
Erson Cam (BFE. 149) grind. 10 to 1 compression head ratio, headers and
freeflow. Other than a new modern auto, I have never driven a car while
engine is breaking in, especially a TR6 engine. What should I expect? Will
the engine run rough with the cam, until adjusted, will I burn oil ? I am
using Zennith Strombergs, with longflow filters for now. Thanks from the
list, I'm excited.
Phl Smith
TR^