TR6 Engine Re-build

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Engine Re-build
From: Rengrave@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 May 1999 01:11:16 EDT
Hello Listers,
After hearing different opinions on and off the list about whether or not I
should rebuild my engine or just replace the scored crankshaft, I have
decided to rebuild the entire engine. Hey why not, the engine is the only
part of the car I haven't touched yet.
My question is:
Do I dive in and rebuild the engine myself (with borrowed tools and engine
stand from trusting friend), or do I drop off the engine at my local engine
service shop and let them have all the fun?
How much will I save if I do the work myself?
I spoke with BPNW this week and figure I will be spending about $500 on
reground crank and bearings, piston rings, cam shaft, lifters, rocker arm
with rockers and gaskets.

Can anyone tell me what I should expect to pay and any pointers for the
rebuild, I plan on using the Haynes Manual as a guide.

Wayne from Massachusetts
1973 TR6  Mallard/New Tan