Re: First long ride of the year : )

To: <HMENTZEN@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: First long ride of the year : )
From: "David Greed" <greed@wave.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:59:28 +1200charset="iso-8859-1"
Hans

Not sure if you were looking for a solution for the brake squeal, but it
sounds as though you have glazed pads in your front discs. This is caused by
the pads not retacting fully and indicates that the seals in the calipers
have gone hard and will need replacing - you will probably need to attend to
the pistons as well.

I have experienced the same problem in the Stag - the problem usually
happens with cars that are used infrequently (so I have been told), as was
the case with the Stag until I bought it...

David Greed
1974 Stag Man O/D
1979 2500S Man O/D

Email: Home: greed@wave.co.nz