TR6 valve stuck?

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 valve stuck?
From: Gernot Vonhoegen <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 10:57:49 +0100
Folks,
have been on a sprint race this weekend. Now the TR lost a bit of power and
sounded as if running on five pots. I decided to take the rocker cover off
as I thought it might have been some stripped thread on an adjustor or so.
Sure enough taking the cover off revealed some damage, the first stud that
holds the rocker shaft is sheared clean off at the base.
No1 and No 5 exhaust valve heads look a bit deformed(widened), so I wonder
if they got stuck somehow, don't ask me why. Before I rip the head off,
should I rip it off to be sure or should I just give the valve(s) a whack
and see if its (they) stuck or why? Guess I  could extract the broke stud
without taking the head off, so thats what I wonder. Before you ask, it was
running on leaded fuel and yes, the valves were adjusted ok before I went...