Re: Alternator for TR6

To: "Gernot Vonhoegen" <gernot.vonhoegen@stir.ac.uk>, "'triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "'Frank Biedermann'" <frank@ssabsa.sa.gov.au>
Subject: Re: Alternator for TR6
From: "Kai Radicke" <mowogmg@pil.net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 07:10:24 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
>If you can get them where you are, Ford Fiesta alternators should be fine,
>lackin gthese, you could try a Mini alternator best take your old one in to
>check, I did replace mine (on a 74 though) with the bosch equivalent but
>that was more due to the lack of a lucas one as I usually have no probs
with
>lucas alternators.

Be specific to request the Bosch unit.  I went to PepBoys aware that they
did not have the Bosch unit and that I would be buying a Motorcraft rebuilt
replacement for the Fiesta.  I figured it couldn't be that much different,
but it was... I had to make all new brackets, new spacers, etc.; too much
work for the $40 price of the alternator.  So I just repaired my Lucas 18ACR
and put that back on, and I'm very happy with it.

--
Kai Radicke -- kai@radiohead.net
1966 MGB -- forsale!  $500 (complete project), Philadelphia PA!