TR4 tach repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 tach repair
From: "Butch Lewis" <butchl@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 14:24:22 -0700
After several weeks of enjoying the heck out of the TR4, (thanks again to all
who helped me get the convertible top installed properly), the first mechanical
casualty has ocurred. The tach suddenly bounced a couple of times, buried the
needle full to the right, and from then on has either not moved or been
erratic. I had hope that it was merely a broken cable. However the cable was
intact. I disassembled
the tach to the point that I could determine that the coil spring is in a
somewhat tangled disarray, although still in one piece and attached. When I get
the time, I plan to see what I can do to repair it, and will post the results.
Meanwhile, if anyone has experience in this area, (including knowledge of the
form, "Hey, whatever you do, don't ...., etc.), I'll welcome your input.

  Thanks
  Butch Lewis
  '64 TR4

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com