FYI on TR6 Voltage Regulator from Vicky Brit

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: FYI on TR6 Voltage Regulator from Vicky Brit
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 21:17:45 -0700
I just bought a voltage regulator for my '74 TR6 with a Lucas alternator(which
model I'm not sure).  The old regulator had only a  yellow and black wire
comming out either side of the back.  The new one I bought had the yellow and
black wire as well as a red and white one. As I toyed with the idea of calling
Vickey Brit for technical assistance(ehehehehe, a real short thought indeed), I
hooked them as before and taped off the two new(red and white) wires. It came
with a mickey mouse diagram and it appeared the yellow and black wire performed
the same function anyway.  I put it all back together and it worked
fine(voltage staying around 13.5~14 volts on the dashboard meter). I'll assume
the new regulator has mutliple applications(thus the extra wires) for a variety
of Lucas(and who knows what else) alternators.

Funny thing is, the date stamped on my new part was June of 1980. 19 year shelf
life.  Hehehe, the shelf way of life is over big boy. Welcome to a new hot
dusty oil filled environment.

:-)

Steve Nabors
B'ham AL
'74 TR6(daily driver)

Join 18 million Eudora users by signing up for a free Eudora Web-Mail account
at http://www.eudoramail.com