TRF Alternator

To: "TR Mail List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TRF Alternator
From: "Frank & Carol Bandre" <bandrece@accessus.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 06:01:20 -0500
To the list:

The alternator on my 76 TR6 has bearings that are starting ti fail, so I
ordered a replacement from TRF.  The current Lucas alternator has three
wires, a large brown and a small brown/yellow that is on a plactic clip,
and a single small brown wire mounted to a spade connector oppisite from
the plastic clip.  The replacement from TRF only has the connection for the
plastic clip, not the single brown lead.  Will this be a problem?  I
thought I would ask the list before calling TRF's tech number.  If anyone
has used one of the TRF alternators, or can let me know it will work, I
would be greatful to hear from you.

Frank
'76 TR6 CF57005U