Re: TRF Alternator

To: bandrece@accessus.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF Alternator
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:44:28 EDT
In a message dated 5/19/99 7:00:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
bandrece@accessus.net writes:

> The alternator on my 76 TR6 has bearings that are starting ti fail, so I
>  ordered a replacement from TRF.  The current Lucas alternator has three
>  wires, a large brown and a small brown/yellow that is on a plactic clip,
>  and a single small brown wire mounted to a spade connector oppisite from
>  the plastic clip.  The replacement from TRF only has the connection for the
>  plastic clip, not the single brown lead.  Will this be a problem?  I
>  thought I would ask the list before calling TRF's tech number.  If anyone
>  has used one of the TRF alternators, or can let me know it will work, I
>  would be greatful to hear from you.

Frank,

If it's like the one I recieved from TRF, there will be two large and one
small spade connectors in the back of the alternator. Both of the large
connectors are connected together inside. If so, just connect the
brown/yellow to the small spade, and each of the brown wires, large and
small, to one of the large spades.

See my post to Marty, Re: TR6 Alternator (or where oh where does the little
brown wire go), for more details.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

                    http://members.aol.com/danmas/