Re: Engine break in

To: Alan Myers <reagntsj@ricochet.net>
Subject: Re: Engine break in
From: Jim Bauder <jimbpps@att.net>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 12:11:02 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Alan,

I agree in general with your thoughts on break-in. Moderation, no
lugging and start driving it like it's going to be driven all of it's
life, sooner rather than later!

When I rebuilt my '57 TR3 many years ago I broke it in with a total of
maybe 250 miles, on a couple of short drives and one longer drive on the
way to it's maiden road race, where I ran it and took a second in class!
I drove that car as a rallye, gymkahana, autocross, and daily driver for
the next three years. It was always a fast runner and rock solid. I only
sold it because of a transfer, a wife and new baby.

Jim Bauder
'58 TR3 in fewer and fewer boxes
Palo Alto, CA