Re:Follow up question on speed/easy bleeders

To: Aribert_Neumann@magna.on.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:Follow up question on speed/easy bleeders
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:55:37 -0400
Just put some clear plastic tubing (e.g. fish tank tubing) on the bleeder
nipple, put a loop in it so it doesn't flow via gravity, and run it to a catch
jar.  Or get one of those little white plastic containers with the tubing
already attached (I've used one with good results) from one of the discount auto
parts stores.  You'll be able to see the bubbles in the fluid and then see the
desired no bubbles in the fluid as you run fluid through the system.

Speed bleeders are the way to go IMHO and you can easily do it by yourself.  I'm
teaching my son about "real" brake bleeding on his Mercury Tracer using the old
pump up the pedal, loosen the bleeder, tighten the bleeder...and so on.  I'll
tell him about speed bleeders later once he's learned how to do it the hard way.

Bud
71TR6 CC57365
71TR6 CC65446
66TR4A CTC57806