RE TR4A Front Spring Spacers

To: ARhodes@compuserve.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE TR4A Front Spring Spacers
From: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:49:10 -0400
My TR4A does not have spacers on the front springs.  To the best of my
recollection, it never did (I am the original owner).  I have rebuilt
the front suspension several times over the past 32 years, including
replacing the springs. It is possible that I discarded the spacers back
in the 70s, but that seems very unlikely for a packrat like me.  The
only difference they would make is in the clearance to the ground.  That
is a bit low on my car, but I can still get a jack under the frame.  The
low clearance in turn improves handling.  Check the length of your
competition springs.  If they are any shorter than the stock ones, it
might be better to have spacers.

Alan

--
Alan T. Crane