RE TR4A Front Spring Spacers

To: Alan Crane <acrane@crosslink.net>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: RE TR4A Front Spring Spacers
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 18:18:58 -0400
Message text written by Alan Crane
>The
only difference they would make is in the clearance to the ground.  That
is a bit low on my car, but I can still get a jack under the frame.  The
low clearance in turn improves handling.  Check the length of your
competition springs.  If they are any shorter than the stock ones, it
might be better to have spacers.<

Indeed, the Moss Blue "Road-Rally" springs are much shorter (8.8")than the
stock (11.1") springs.  But, they are harder, so they compress less.  I am
pretty sure they will lower the car compared to stock.  THat is not too much
of a problem as long as it is higher than the very low springs that are fitted
on it right now.

I sort-of would like a stock ride height, but close is OK too.

I will be fitting the springs and then find out what the result is.....

-Tony