STER Anyone going?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: STER Anyone going?
From: GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 19:52:40 EDT
On Mon, 24 May 1999 14:15:01 +0100
Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Wrote Subject: STER  Anyone going?

Hi,
        We'll be heading for the Standard Triumph European Rally next weekend,
leaving Dover for Calais around 8:30 on Friday, then driving up through
the North of France and Belgium to Venlo in Holland for the Rally. We're
taking the Spitfire, so hopefully the weather will be kind to us. Is
anyone else off the list going?
        Cheers,
                Bill.
- --
                            This Message sent by:
    ^================^
   /                  \     William Davies
  /                    \    Total Triumph Enthusiast
 __ __________________ __
/  \  ______  ______  /  \  1959 Herald 948 Coupe Y128
\__/  \     ||     /  \__/  1959 Herald 948 Coupe
=====U==============U=====  1961 Herald 'S'
\________________________/  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup

Hi Bill, and others:

George Walker (TSSC member from Trowbridge, Wilts) and I are going to STER
(Standard Triumph European Rally) No.2, this coming Friday 28 May 1999.
We will be taking my Red Vitesse Convertible '7456 PJ'
We are sailing on P&O Stena Linen Ferries: Friday morning on the 07.00 am
sailing.
We expect to drive to Venlo via Tongeren, near Liege in S.E. Belgium,
stopping off to say hi to TSSC Belgium area members, before proceeding north
to Venlo in Holland via Maastricht... We should arrive at the STER rally site
around 7-8pm Friday evening.
We look forward to seeing you in the bar on Friday evening! Mine's a Grolsch,
BTW.
Take care and remember to take a few French Francs for their Autoroute tolls.
Fuel is cheaper on the continent, so fill up there, but don't forget that not
all French gas stations take VISA cards...also remember to take a spare set
of headlamp bulbs, a warning triangle, GB plate, First aid kit and headlamp
beam deflectors.
All a legal requirement in France and most other european mainland countries.
STER or bust!
Leon