TR6 turn signal flashers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 turn signal flashers
From: kehrlich@dyax.com (Keith S. Ehrlich)
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 11:07:51 -0400
Hi Listers-

Yesterday I replaced the aftermarket turn signal flasher unit with
another off-the -shelf generic replacement with the hopes it would click
more loudly since I can't see the flashing light in the dash with the
top down. No luck.

Does anyone know the electrical specs I should look for in a flasher
unit that could be swapped in? I ask, because to get the volume level, I
think I will need a flasher out of a truck, or Mercedes or the like to
get a good and audible click and these might opr might not not be
compatible.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

TIA

Keith Ehrlich