Re: TR4-6 slave spring

To: Brian Sanborn <sanborn@net1plus.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: Re: TR4-6 slave spring
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 18:16:06 -0400
Message text written by Brian Sanborn
>Will I harm anything if I install the spring?   I assume not.  <

I don't think so, but it might cause a problem in that there
mat not be sufficient travel of the pedal to compensate for the
extra travel of the slave piston, causing the clutch to engage/disengage
when the pedal is virtually all the way to the floor.  Also
you will have to adjust the slave rod to the proper setting periodically.

BTW, my 4A driver has a TR6 transmission, a TR3A engine, Who Knows what type of
clutch diaphragm, and a RETRUN SPRING!  It works fine...

-Tony