Cloth vs. vinyl top

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Cloth vs. vinyl top
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 16:15:01 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Hi all!  The side windows on my convertible top are tearing out.  The shop
says they have to remove the top to sew the windows, which means the labor
cost is the same if they were fitting a new top.  So, gee, why not get a new
top then?  We saw a very nice cloth top on a TR6 at the ABFM in Canada last
weekend.  Does anybody have anything to say about a cloth top vs. vinyl?
The look is really great, but the cost of the top is almost double. The guy
at the local shop that I will be dealing with recommended ultra shield for
the windows.  This doesn't add that much more to the price.  Is there a huge
difference between the tops?  Any input would be appreciated.  As usual,
this is starting to be more expensive than I thought!!  Do we ever get used
to that fact?

Kim Alford
71 TR6