Things not working as they should?

To: "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Things not working as they should?
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 00:47:34 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Perhaps a blinding flash of the obvious - but maybe worth mentioning. Seems
a few listers are finding things didn't work as before when they've
undertaken work. Especially this seems to apply to electrical connections.
Two packets of cheap tie-on luggage / parcel labels identifying what is what
can solve most later "where the *** does it go?" queries. Don't kid yourself
that 'you'll remember' - you won't. This is especially important if the
insulation colour with tracer has changed partially or completely because a
DPO probably made the same mistake. I've been having great fun with my
labels recently and if there are several to go in a small space, a sketch of
terminals in a notebook is a further help. I could say I do this because my
memory's now a bit sketchy. In truth its because I've forgotten almost
everything and I've always put my glasses somewhere else, so even if I could
remember, I can't damned well see!

Jonmac