Re: FAILED emissions test!

To: Brian.Serra@ey.com, spitfire-enthusiast@egroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FAILED emissions test!
From: JmyB@aol.com
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 19:57:18 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-28 14:35:13 EDT, Brian.Serra@ey.com writes:

<< Anyone have any ideas? I have been told it might be running rich. The car
was also very hot and the tester flooded it trying to start it!

   Brian, recently had a similar experience in a TR6:  before I went to the
test station my car tested OK at my local LBC mechanics shop (emission
qualified repair facility).  Drove off that afternoon to get it tested, sat
in line at idle for ten minutes or so, and failed the test at 6.01% CO (6.00%
required).
    Back to the shop.... explained my results, "Left the car running while
you waited, didn't you?" was the reply.  Suggested test procedure: Go early
in the morning when the air is cool, turn the engine off when in line.
Results: passed at 4.75% CO.
                      Jim Bosley     74  TR6