synthetic gear oil

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: synthetic gear oil
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 17:28:39 -0600charset="ISO-8859-1"
Well no one has brought this up for about 4 months so maybe it's my turn...

I have decided to try synthetic oil in my diff and gearbox (76 TR6 with
J-type OD). Has anyone done this? My thoughts were to use Redline MTL -- I'm
pretty sure it will be fine in the diff but have no idea how it affects the
OD. If anyone has been down this road, I'd like to hear about it please.

Thanks.

PS.  I currently use a generic GL4 (not GL5) gear oil and it seems to work
fine but just for fun I want to try the $$$ stuff.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---