TR6 Starter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Starter
From: gspens <gspens@interactivemediaworks.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:07:46 -0400
    I wanted to thank everyone who helped me out with the starter
motor.  It turned out that the copper bushes were toast, especially the
rear (by the brushes).  Actually the rear bush was so far gone, I would
never figured this problem out by myself, so I really appreciate the
help.  I installed a bush kit, and it works great.  $3.50 sure beats
buying a new starter.
    I was also so focused on the problem at hand I neglected to
introduce myself.  My name is Graham Spencer, and I work for a new media
company in Cincinnati, OH.  I bought my first Triumph about 2 years ago
('73 TR6), and recently purchased a '70 TR6 (my wife talked me in to it,
seriously!).   I got into British cars through a) love of sports cars
and b) playing the bagpipes.  I kept checking out the cars at the
highland games I competed in as a piper, and finally mad up my mind to
take the plunge.  I intend to turn the '70 into a autocross car, if
finances allow (I have a CRAZY friend with a MG who wants to run the "la
carrera panamerica" and we need all the practice we can get!).  Has
anyone on the list had any experience with dropping a chevy 350 into a
LBC?
    I wish I could make it to Portland this year, or the TRF party, but
I'll be playing highland games all summer,  hopefully next year.  So, if
any of you listers see a crazy guy in a kilt playing the bagpipes
standing around a Triumph, it's probably me.

Thanks,
    Graham Spencer

73 TR6 (needs a rebuild)
70 TR6 (starter workin great!)