RE: Altitude and Carbs

To: "'Randall'" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: RE: Altitude and Carbs
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 13:25:10 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Randall:

The vacuum line I pulled off was the line attached to the "vacuum unit" on
the distributor.  Frankly, I don't know if that is the advance or the
retard.  My car is a 100% stock 76 TR6 and I don't know if its an advance or
a retard.  My VB catalog for a 74 TR6 calls the line to the distributor a
retard line.  The catalog has no name for the same line on a 76.  Sorry no
manuals here at work.

According to my manuals, from a normal idle (which I had at that time),
pulling this off and plugging the line will cause your RPM to advance
(increase) up to about 1300, which mine did.  According to my understanding
of all this, my car reacted normally.

I don't know if I have a TVS, since I don't know what a TVS is and can find
no mention of it in my only reference material here at work - the VB
catalog.

I am seriously beginning to suspect my temperature compensator(s).  My
problems didn't appear until about an hour into the drive once everything
was good and warm.

Jack