RE: Swallow Doretti

To: sec@traveller.com
Subject: RE: Swallow Doretti
From: "Kurt" <koblinger@linkline.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 99 10:40:05 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Fredd,

Actually, the majority of the Swallow Dorettis built came to the US. The name
"Doretti" was a derivation of the first name of the West Coast Triumph
importer, Dorothy Deen. Dorothy Deen and her father, Arthur Andersen, founded
Cal Sales Inc. in Gardena California which was the distributor for Triumph cars
in the western US until Standard-Triumph took over distribution in the early
'60s.

Your former car was chassis number 1165, the 165th car of the 276 numbered
chassis. It may still exist, my listing is at home. The other number, TS1713E,
was the engine number as originally fitted.

My wife and I are currently working on a web site for the Doretti but it is
still a month or two from being completed.
I would be interested in any info you have on the car, who you bought it from,
sold it too, etc. A small group of Doretti owners, including myself, are trying
to catalog as complete a history as possible on the cars.

Cheers,

Kurt Oblinger
'54 Swallow Doretti (chassis 1030, engine TS454E)