Bios

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bios
From: "Kevin N. Andrews" <kevina@emji.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 00:07:53 -0400
Well I will give it a shot.
        I come from a long line of automotive family. My grandfather started an
auto repair shop in 1949. My father took over the business in 1974.
Specializing in wheel alignments and front end repair. Also during the time
he grew up he raced for a good while. Started on the dirt track of
Rockingham and Sandford. Won the NASCAR Grand American Championship in 1972
or was it 74. Also a two time SCCA Formula Vee SARRC Champion. There was 4
of us boys. The first 2 grew up with my father and the last 2( that
includes me) raised by him. My second oldest brother bought a TR-250 from
my dad's cousin who repoed it from an unpaid muffler job. That car took him
through high school and college. My mother then bought the 250 for $500 for
my 16th birthday. It took me through high school and college.
        I am 29 years old and married Lori 5 years ago. I now work with my
father
in the business which now has been going for 25 years. I still have the 250
and have bought another 2 years ago to restore. We are now in the process
of rebuilding since the state has to widen the highway.
        I am currently the Triad Regional V-P of the Triumph Club Of the
Carolinas
and feel very fortunate to be part of this group.
        The cars that I have owned and driven. 68 TR-250(2), 81 Chevette, 84
Buick
Skylark, 85 Chevy El Camino, 92 Chevy Beretta, 95 Chevy Blazer.
        Dad's that I was driving. 40 Chevy Coupe, 33 Ford P'up, 68 Mercury
Cougar,
79 El Camino. ( A lot of fun driving these cars)
Kevin Andrews
Siler City, NC