RE: Bios

To: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Bios
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 12:37:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
I have been out of town a few days and am jumping in late.  I am 47, born in
Minnesota.  I came from a totally non-mechanical family.  My father didn't
know which side of a hammer was the useful side.  I was always mechanically
and electronically oriented.  Got my first ham radio license was I was 16,
started playing with computers in 8th grade on a teletype terminal to a
mainframe.  Remember papertape? Built a working laser in 9th graade for a
science fair by borrowing the ruby crystal from a cooperative engineer at
Honeywell.

Been married twice, now for sixteen years.  I have a 22 year old daughter
from the first and a 13 year old son from the second. In college I became a
high school teacher and taught American History for 5 years, all here in
Georgia.  I found my way to Georgia finally deciding that Minnesota was just
to d*mn cold.  My first teaching job in Georgia in 1978 paid $7800 and five
years later it had not yet doubled.  I noticed that Georgia State University
was opening a new law school so I applied and went at night to get a law
degree.

Worked a few years for a bankruptcy trustee and then struck out on my own
and have been a sole practictioner for the last 11 years.

Automotively, it was a high school buddy of mine that got me interested.  He
had an MGB that we could never keep the electrical system working in,
finally he dumped it and bought a TR6, a 1970 I think.  This I had to have!
So I bought a 1972 in 1972.  One day on the way to college it burned to the
ground. Seems the fuel pump disintegrated and the spilling fuel caught fire.
Replaced it with a Dodge van.  My brother coveted that van so made him an
even trade for a Datsun 240Z.  Neat car, but was the last of the 240's and
in Minnesota winters absolutely would not start.  That was the end of
interesting cars until 2 years ago when I got the bug to get another TR6.

My wife has always put up with my hobbies and prefers to know where I am,
radio room, computer room, drive way under the car, than to wonder what bar,
etc.

The 6 is pretty well restored so I am just beginning to cast about for a TR8
to start on. Anyone got a spare?

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK