Re: Solid State Fuel Pump

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Solid State Fuel Pump
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 1999 18:59:49 -0700
Gary & Priscilla Klein wrote:

> >From time to time, the subject of electric fuel pumps for our LBC's has
> been bantered about...
>
> I was wondering whether anyone who's made the conversion to one of these
> units could comment on their experience wrt noise.

My TR3A had an electric fuel pump in place when I bought -- think the first
thing I did was get rid of it and install a mechanical pump.  I'm not really
a stickler for originality but the noise, though not loud, was IMO an
annoying reminder that all was not as it was meant to be..

Okay...  I'll say it...  it sounded like an MG.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A