What is this car? (non-TR)

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net> charset=ISO-8859-1
Subject: What is this car? (non-TR)
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1999 23:30:28 -0400
Sorry for the non-TR question, but I fugure I have all these car buffs
here at my disposal.

I have an old photo of my grandfather (who was an auto mechanic and
fellow car buff) standing next to a great old car.  I estimate the photo to
be from
the 1920's (probably early 20's).  The car has a radiator ornament of a
leaping
dog (no, not a Jaguar).  It appears to be a very thin dog such as a
greyhound.
I assume it is an American car, and I further assume it is not a new car,
so the
car probably dates from the teens.  I do know he has a Stanley at one time,
but
the engine compartment seems to be rather small for a steamer.

The car is quite tall.  The steering wheel is the same height as my
grandfather.
It is an open 2 seater.

Any ideas of what it might be??

-Tony