Re: TR6 Oil Pump

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Oil Pump
From: "Robert M. Lang" <lang@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 20:21:08 -0400
Hi Folks.

I recall a thread some time back in Jan '99 or so about TR6 oil pumps being
pretty much unavailable. I went ahead and ordered one, you figure with four
core motors I'd get _one_ "late style" TR6 oil pump. But I didn't, so the
order was a "good thing". Unfortunately, at the time the various sources
did not have any, and I back ordered one with TRF.

At any rate, I was pleasantly surprised when I got home from work the other
night to find a box from TRF and inside was: a brand new "late style" TR6
oil pump. Looks like a good part - all the clearances check out.

So, if you were delaying on getting an oil pump, they _may_ be available
again.

Anyone need any "early style" TR6 oil pumps?? I got a few.

Later,
rml

Bob Lang      | TR 6 Guy           | Editor: New England Triumphs
Phone:        | 617-253-7438 (days)| 781-438-2568 (eves)
Occupation:   | ComputerZ          | TR fixer-Upper