'72 TR6 Choke put on a '74 TR6 Carb

To: "The List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: '72 TR6 Choke put on a '74 TR6 Carb
From: "Steve Nabors" <topdown@eudoramail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 22:01:28 -0700
My rear carb on my '74 TR6 is leaking out the cold start valve(choke) assembly
center shaft screw hole. I took it apart and there are no gaskets to renew, put
it back together and it promptly leaks again. My carbs are working fine
otherwise. The front cold start valve(no rear listed) in the Vicky Brit
magazine sells at about $100. I can get a set of good used carbs('72 TR6) for a
little more and would rather do so for other parts(needles,dampers,etc) as
well. Does anyone know(or have tried) putting the cold start valve from a '72
carb on a '74? Should I just rebuild the '72's and throw them onto the car and
part the '74's?