Re: Excuse my o/d gloat

To: TR List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Excuse my o/d gloat
From: Dave Massey <105671.471@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 11:09:36 -0400
Cc: Bud Rolofson <levilevi@home.com> charset=ISO-8859-1
Bud Rolofson writes:

>Those RPM seen a little high for that speed.  My gages read 3000 RPM and
>80 MPH on the way to Portland and back.  And if I remember right I was
>right around 2600 RPM going 75 MPH.
>
>I'm pretty sure my speedo is right cause I timed myself between mile
>markers and calculated my speed and it came out right on every time
>(amazing the things you'll do to pass the time out on the road).
>
>Wonder what others get?  Listers, how bout it.  What do yours read with
>OD kicked in at those speeds.
>
>Bud Rolofson

Bud,

I think you better check your Tach.  I get 25 MPH per 1000 RPM which
translates into 3000 RPM @ 75 MPH.  These values are based on
book values of 20 MPH per 1000RPM in fourth direct, timing speed
off of the milage markers on the interstate and calculating a correction
value for my tach (which reads about 200 RPM low, BTW).

So 2800 RPM @ 70 is about right.

Maybe your engine is so finely balanced it just seams to be turning
slower.  ;-)

Dave Massey
71 TR6 W/ OD

P.S. Jim A. ; Congrats on the OD.  A TR6 w/ OD is a great highway car.