RE: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges

To: "'Bob Bailey'" <rbailey@snet.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@chekhov.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:16:40 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
One of the most important things you can do when you have a discrepancy
between a purchase (and/or return) when using a credit card is to write to
the credit card company within 30 days of receipt of the first statement
that includes  the error.  In other words, send a letter when you send in
your payment for that billing period.  That will stop all interest charges
on that item until it is resolved (if not in your favor, it will be retro to
original billing).  Also, it will generate a report/letter to the vendor
requesting response within a certain period of time (about 10 days I think).
If there is no response, then the correction will be made without requiring
their response.

The key, is to do it within the billing period.  Once you send payment and
it rolls to the next billing period, the credit card company considers the
transaction valid.

Carl